Disney ABC Television Group Senior Technical Support Engineer in Glendale, California
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technology leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from: animation, theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Part of the Disney ABC Television Group, Disney Television Animation is a high capacity digital animation television production studio. Because of Disney Television Animation’s strong use of commercial and custom software technologies to create its animation products, its use of technology, engineering, development techniques and software is critical to its production operations and workflows.
Responsibilities : Senior Technical Support Engineers (STSEs) interact with department management, animation production crews and other supporting departments to provide second tier technical support to the DTVA business unit. STSEs work closely with our technology vendors and our department’s production help desk technical coordinators to resolve multi-platform software and hardware problems for production, development and administrative users.
• Leads troubleshooting complex production support situations. Leads support researching, testing and implementing optimized technical solutions for production users.
• Vendor troubleshooting
• Security profile management creation
• Special Issue tracking and qualification
• Multi-platform computer system management (Linux, Apple OS X and Windows):
o Security policy / access rights
o Remote control
o Application support
• Leverages array of software utilities to troubleshoot and streamline department services
• Understands production workflows and timelines.
• Measure, calibrate and validate color reference displays and OS parameters to meet DTVA production requirements.
• Performs miscellaneous technical special projects as assigned by department management.
• Writes scripts as needed for automating processes.
• Functions as a point of support escalation within the Support Engineering group.
Basic Qualifications :
• 5 to 8 years of experience working with (advanced troubleshooting and configuration experience) Linux or UNIX, Mac OS and Microsoft Windows based systems in a network environment.
• 5 to 8 years of experience working with computer graphics / media applications
• 5 to 8 years in supporting computer systems in a large company / enterprise environment.
• 5 to 8 years of experience working with network management and administration utilities in TCP/IP networking environment.
• Ability to script OS functions on Linux, Mac OS and Microsoft Windows.
• Able to communicate technical information effectively – both written and verbally.
• Ability to work in a fast pace, production critical team environment.
• Must have a strong customer service orientation and have the ability to work with a diverse user community.
• Must be well organized and detailed oriented.
Required Education :
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline.
Company Overview :
The Disney/ABC Television Group is composed of the Walt Disney Company’s (NYSE: DIS) global entertainment and news television properties, owned television stations group, as well as radio and publishing businesses. This includes the ABC Television Network, ABC Owned Television Stations Group, ABC News, ABC Studios, Disney Channels Worldwide, ABC Family, Radio Disney, as well as Disney/ABC Domestic Television and Disney Media Distribution. The company’s equity interest in A&E Television Networks round out the Group’s portfolio of media businesses.
Additional Information :
- Equal Opportunity Employer- Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability
Job ID: 592137BR
Job Posting Company: Media Networks
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.